Food is an important aspect of any bodybuilding program. If you want to have a bigger body, you’ve probably heard that its important to weighlift and exercise properly. However, without proper diet and nutrition, all your efforts can be in vain. Besides eating you need to have a clean lifestyle and get enough rest.
A Variety Of Foods Is Helpful For Bodybuilding Nutrition (Not Just Protein)
When it comes to diet, you need a variety of carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables, protein, and healthy fats. You should aim to lose fat and build muscles. Protein is necessary for building and maintaining muscle, as well as losing fat.
Likewise, fruits and vegetables contain vitamins and minerals that can help your body recover after working out. Carbohydrates will give you energy so you can work out properly; and fats are also beneficial for fat loss. If you do not eat fats, your body will store fats further.
If you are a picky eater, you might have a difficult time building muscles. Good thing, there are ten delicious bodybuilding foods you can eat. These foods will enable your body to build muscles while also keeping your taste buds satisfied.
List Of 10 Tasty Bodybuilding Foods
1. Chocolate milk. When you are out of protein powder, you can use chocolate milk. Believe it or not, this tasty beverage is beneficial in building muscles because it contains a blend of slow-digesting proteins and fast-digesting proteins. Its sugar content also adds to its total carbohydrates; thus, providing you with more recovery-boosting carbohydrates and muscle-building calories.
According to studies, chocolate milk is better than typical sports drinks that contain electrolytes and carbohydrates. It is better at preventing muscle breakdown, resynthesizing muscle glycogen, and improving muscle growth. In addition, it contains antioxidants that help in reducing oxidative and stress-induced muscle damage that is usually caused by forced workouts and intense trainings.
2. Almonds. Almonds are great for snacking. When you feel hungry and it is too early for the next meal, you can grab a handful of almonds to feel satiated. However, did you know that almonds could also help you with bodybuilding?
Well, almonds contain a lot of fiber and protein. A tiny glass of almonds can already contain about six grams of protein and one hundred and sixty calories. In addition, they are rich in alpha tocopherol, a type of vitamin E that is helpful in dealing with the free radicals in the body.
Almonds are rich in B vitamins, as well. B vitamins, as you know, are necessary in energy metabolism. This makes them ideal for gaining muscles and increasing calories over carbohydrates to have better body composition.
3. Raspberries. Raspberries are beneficial in improving the digestive system. When you have a good digestive system, you will be able to absorb nutrients from food better. Raspberries are also rich in fiber; and as you know, fiber is good for the intestines.
Aside from these, raspberries also contain anthocyanin antioxidants, which make them ideal in improving the sensitivity of your brain to leptin. Leptin is actually a hormone that regulates insulin sensitivity and metabolic rate.
4. Yogurt. Foods like yogurt contains bacteria that helps improve gastrointestinal health. However, you should also get the ones that are plain and low in fat. Do not choose yogurt with sugar or frozen yogurt. You can eat your plain yogurt with flax seeds and berries.
5. Turkey. Believe it or not, saturated fat can be beneficial to your body. Nonetheless, white turkey is still a better option compared to the leanest beef. White turkey is very dry because it has almost zero gram of saturated fat. You can eat it as a sandwich or add it to your salad.
6. Red Meat. As you know, red meat contains protein, iron, vitamin B12, creatine, and carnosine. Sometimes they even have omega-3 if it came from grass-fed cattle. Get all these nutrients and enjoy a tasty meal at the same time. You can enjoy juicy steaks or hamburgers, along with a good bodybuilding workout plan to get the muscle growth you need. Red meat is a major staple if you follow Dr Mauro Di Pasquale’s Anabolic Diet.
7. Kimchi. If you are into Korean food, you should try kimchi. This one is a little bit more controversial because some people are turned off by the smell and taste, while others absolutely love it. This Korean dish mainly consists of fermented garlic, onions, and cabbage. Since it is fermented, it has beneficial bacteria that are helpful in digesting and absorbing nutrients. Also, it has been found that eating kimchi can improve blood sugar control and eliminate body fat.
8. Eggs. Eggs are widely available, nutritious, and inexpensive. They are also very flexible, since you can basically include them with any food. Do not worry about its cholesterol content, though. If you have high cholesterol, you can just reduce your body fat and avoid throwing out the yolk, which contains protein, cholesterol, and vitamins A, D, and E.
9. Lentils. Lentils are a great source of plant protein. Some people think of them as a good source of carbs, but they’re full of protein as well. You can find 18 grams of protein in a standard cup sized serving. It’s a worthy idea to get proteins from multiple sources in a diet, including red and white meat. It also adds variety to your meal plan. Besides protein, lentils are fiber and iron rich. Mix them up with an egg and make some awesome tasting lentil burgers.
10. Peanut butter. Peanut butter is a favorite of many body builders for its taste and protein content. It is helpful for muscle growth. One caveat, do monitor the calories when eating since it’s significant. Peanut butter sandwiches are fast to prepare, whether for a quick snack, or add a protein shake and make it lunch. You can even make your own divine tasting peanut butter protein bars at home. There are easy recipes for yummy protein bars that use peanut butter as a main ingredient in the Anabolic Cooking cookbook, such as this.
What do you think of these foods? Leave us a comment and tell us what you think, or what’s your favorite bodybuilding foods are.